What is Boones Creek Bible Church?
Statement of Faith:
2. We believe in the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each person being equal, yet there being not three Gods, but One. (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30)
3. We believe in the virgin birth, the sinless life, and the deity of Jesus Christ the Lord. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; John 8:46; Hebrews 7:26)
4. We believe in the shed blood of Jesus Christ as the only ground of atonement for sins. (Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:14)
5. We believe in the bodily resurrection and Lordship of Jesus, His ascension into heaven, and His present advocacy and high priesthood in the presence of God for us. (Acts 2:32; I Corinthians 15:23; Acts 1:9; I John 2:1; Hebrews 8:1 2)
6. We believe in that “Blessed Hope” the personal, immanent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His saints, then to establish His millennial kingdom. (I Thessalonians 4:13 18; Zechariah 14:4 11; Romans 5:9; I Thessalonians 1:10, 5:9; Revelation 3:10, 19:11 16)
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person of the Godhead, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement; and that He regenerates, indwells, enlightens, and empowers the saved. (John 16:8; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; I John 2:27)
8. We believe that Satan is a real personality; that he was created perfect, but fell though pride; that he is the author of the fall of man, the archenemy of God and the souls of men. (Job 1:6 7; Ezekiel 28:15 18; Isaiah 14:12 13)
9. We believe in the fall of man through the sin of Adam, and in the consequent necessity of the new birth through Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:12, 14; John 3:3 7)
10: We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is entirely by the grace of God and not by any works so that all boasting is excluded. (Acts 13:38 39; Ephesians 2:8 9; Titus 3:5)
11. We believe in the security of the believer on earth and the one eternal blessedness of the righteous in heaven. (John 10:27 30; Romans 8:35, 38, 39)
12. We believe that those who are born again possess two natures, and that they may be victorious over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit; but eradication of the old nature is unscriptural. (Romans 6:13, 8:12 13; Galatians 5:17 25; Ephesians 4:22 24; Colossians 3:10; I Peter 1:14 16; I John 3:5 9)
13. We believe that the gifts of evangelists, pastors and teachers are sufficient for the perfecting of the church today. God is sovereign in all matters, and does hear and answer the prayer of faith according to His will. (Ephesians 4:11 12; James 5:15)
14. We believe that all the saved of this dispensation are members of the body of Christ, the true church; therefore, we desire fellowship with all who are believers. (I Corinthians 12:13; Hebrews 12:23)
15. We believe that the saved are called to a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices. (Romans 12:2; James 4:4; I John 2:16; II Corinthians 6:14)
16. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men; the eternal felicity of the saved, and the eternal conscious punishment of the unsaved. (John 14:1 6; Philippians 3:20; Revelation 21:1 4; Matthew 25:46; Revelation 22:11)
17. We believe that in the view of the total depravity and lost condition of all the unregenerate, the absolute obligation of the saved is to witness by life and word, and through sound missionary agencies to the whole world of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19 20)
18. This church acknowledges only the Lord Jesus Christ as its head; the Holy Scriptures as the only infallible guide in matters of faith, discipline, and order; the Holy Spirit as its teacher; and is never to be under the jurisdiction of any other ecclesiastical body or nature.
What about the music?
The music at BCBC is conservative, balanced music that is alive and worship-filled. We sing with heart and with great joy from the hymnbooks as well as from powerpoint. Congregational singing is a major component of our worship services. The singing is accompanied by piano and organ as well as other instruments. Music ministry is also fulfilled through choir and various vocal groups and instrumentalists. Psalm 147:1 says, “Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely” (fitting).
What about the preaching and the services?
The preaching at BCBC is expositional, relevant, applicational preaching that seeks to exalt Christ, see souls saved, and believers growing in Christ. The truth is proclaimed in genuine love that exhorts and encourages. At the end of each service, the congregation is typically invited to respond to the message – to accept Christ as Savior, to make a spiritual decision, or simply to pray. Counseling is available during this time as well.
What about the congregation?
The people at BCBC are just like you. We are sinners saved by the grace of God who really desire to be servants of the Lord. When you enter the doors of BCBC, you will immediately “feel at home” with a group of caring people. We will not judge you by your appearance but will pray that the Word will meet the needs of your heart that you will get to know the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
What about children’s ministry?
We really care for children at BCBC. Our nursery is staffed by caring, trained ladies. When you leave your infant in the nursery, you can rest assured they will be well-cared for. Every parent receives a beeper in the event you are needed. Every individual who works in any children’s ministry must submit to a background check. During the Sunday morning services, the children are dismissed to either Tiny Tots Church (Ages 2-3), Children’s Church (K4-3rd Grade), and older children have special materials to help them concentrate and take notes in the service. Also during the Sunday morning service, all the children ages 3 through the 4th grade participate in Pastor’s Pals which is a time with Pastor Cunningham at the front of the auditorium. On Wednesday nights we have Pioneer Club for children 3 years old through the 6th grade.
What will happen when I arrive?
Parking is available to the side or back of the church auditorium. You will see a designated visitors parking area on your left as you enter the parking lot. Entrance to the auditorium is all ground level. Friendly greeters will meet you at the door. They can direct you to the auditorium, classrooms, or nursery. Greeters will be happy to answer any questions you may have during your visit. We have valet parking if so needed. Simply drive under the carport at the front door and the greeter will assist you.